M. Scott Bucci
Scott Bucci focuses his practice primarily on premises liability and motor vehicle accidents. He has tried a wide variety of cases, including automobile accidents, premises liability, products liability, and construction dispute cases. He is well regarded by his peers and frequently requested as co-counsel on serious, complex cases, particularly in the area of premises/retailer liability, an area of the law Scott has developed a particular skill in.
Scott has received several awards and accolades over the years including an AV Preeminent® rating from the Martindale-Hubbell® Legal Directory, recognized in Best Lawyers in America® – Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, as well as in Super Lawyers® Magazine in the category of Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, named as a “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business magazine in the category of Civil Litigation, and as a top 100 trial lawyer in Virginia by The National Trial Lawyers. Scott is the former president of the Virginia Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, an elite national organization focused on elevating the standards of integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession and preserving the American jury system.
Scott has tried over 125 civil cases to verdict in over 25 jurisdictions throughout Virginia. He has won over 75% of the cases that have gone to verdict (beating the offer/demand in admitted liability cases or winning a contested liability case). Scott has tried cases in Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover, Powhatan, Goochland, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Culpeper, Charlottesville, Spotsylvania, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Gloucester, Prince William County, Fairfax, Newport News, Roanoke, Montgomery County, Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Arlington, and York County. He frequently represents clients in federal courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. His familiarity and comfort with the unique rules of the Eastern District of Virginia, known as the “Rocket Docket,” gives his clients a distinct advantage in that forum. He has also successfully argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court.
Scott has been in practice for more than 23 years. He started out his career at a boutique civil litigation firm located in downtown, Richmond, representing a variety of corporations and insurance companies in lawsuits throughout Virginia. In particular, Scott represented Wal-Mart against civil litigation claims for over seven years in state and federal courts, as well as in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. From there Scott and his partner founded Bucci & Dix, PLLC, a successful law firm where he practiced of over 8 years before joining the catastrophic injury team at Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner (now known as Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci).
Scott graduated with High Honors from the George Mason University School of Law in 1998. He worked as a law clerk for the Virginia Beach Circuit Court after graduation from law school. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia and was awarded the Malcolm H. Kerr scholarship to study the Middle East in Cairo, Egypt. Scott has lived in the Richmond area for over 20 years. He resides in Midlothian with his wife, Melissa, their 2 sets of twins (Hays and Leo, Stella and Celeste) and their English bulldog, Flanagan. Their family enjoys college sports, bbqs and time by the water. Scott is also an organ donor, having donated a kidney to his wife in 2011.
Meet Scott Bucci
- J.D., George Mason University with high honors 1998
- B.A., University of Virginia 1995
- Virginia (1998)
- Virginia Supreme Court (and all state courts)
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner, Partner (operated with Breit, Drescher & Imprevento as Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci2019 -2021)
- Bucci & Dix, PLLC, Partner and Executive Director (2007 – 2015)
- Morris & Morris, P.C., Partner (1999 – 2007)
- Virginia Beach Circuit Court, Law Clerk, (1998 – 1999)
- Thompson & Waldron, P.C., Law Clerk, (1997 – 1998)
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Best Lawyers in America® – Personal Injury Litigation Plaintiffs, every year since 2015
- Virginia Super Lawyers®, every year since 2009
- Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers®: (2016,2017)
- Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers®: (2016, 2017)
- Lewis Powell Inn of Court
- “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business magazine in the category of Civil Litigation
- Virginia Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- President 2019
- National Board Representative 2020
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, member
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Best Lawyers in America®
Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers®
Virginia Super Lawyers®
Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers®
All Five Partners in the Law Firm of Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci Named to the 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
Founded in 1981, Best Lawyers is a purely peer-reviewed legal accolade based on the unbiased opinions of other lawyers. The comprehensive balloting process assures honorees
CGBB partner Stephanie Grana was sworn in as the 84th president of the Virginia State Bar. Stephanie has served the VSB in multiple capacities since
CGBB is proud to announce that all five of its partners have again been selected as Virginia Super Lawyers. Irv Cantor, Stephanie Grana, Elliott Buckner, and Scott Bucci are
Publications & Presentations
- VTLA 2019 Tort Law Seminar, Removal to Federal Court, May 15, 2019
- Journal of International Legal Studies, Editorial Board, “The Terrorism Exception to the FSIA.” Spring 1997
- Board Member, Brain Injury Association of Virginia since 2016
Reach out directly to our attorneys at The Virginia Trial Firm Today.