M. Scott Bucci
Scott Bucci focuses his personal injury practice primarily on premises liability and motor vehicle accidents. He has tried a wide variety of cases, including automobile accidents, premises liability, products liability, and construction dispute cases. He is well regarded by his peers and frequently requested as co-counsel on serious, complex cases, particularly in the area of premises/retailer liability, an area of the law Scott has developed a particular skill in.
Practice Areas: Car Accidents, Truck Accidents, Catastrophic Injuries, Premises Liability, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injuries, Wrongful Death
Direct Office Line: (804) 888-9501
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott has received several awards and accolades over the years including an AV Preeminent® rating from the Martindale-Hubbell® Legal Directory, recognized in Best Lawyers in America® – Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, as well as in Super Lawyers® Magazine in the category of Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, named as a “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business magazine in the category of Civil Litigation, and as a top 100 trial lawyer in Virginia by The National Trial Lawyers. He is the former president of the Virginia Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an elite national organization focused on elevating the standards of integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession and preserving the American jury system. He is also the president-elect of SEABOTA, an organization of southeastern regional chapters of ABOTA.
Scott has tried over 125 civil cases to verdict in over 25 jurisdictions throughout Virginia. He has won over 75% of the cases that have gone to verdict (beating the offer/demand in admitted liability cases or winning a contested liability case). He frequently represents clients in federal courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. His familiarity and comfort with the unique rules of the Eastern District of Virginia, known as the “Rocket Docket,” gives his clients a distinct advantage in that forum. He has also successfully argued before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court.
Scott has been in practice for more than 25 years. He started out his career at a boutique civil litigation firm located in downtown Richmond, representing a variety of corporations and insurance companies in lawsuits throughout Virginia. In particular, Scott represented Wal-Mart against civil litigation claims for over seven years in state and federal courts, as well as in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. From there, Scott and his partner founded Bucci & Dix, PLLC, a successful law firm where he practiced for over 8 years before joining the catastrophic injury team at Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner (now known as Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci).
Scott graduated with High Honors from the George Mason University School of Law in 1998. He worked as a law clerk for the Virginia Beach Circuit Court after graduation from law school. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia and was awarded the Malcolm H. Kerr scholarship to study the Middle East in Cairo, Egypt. Scott has lived in the Richmond area for over 20 years. He resides in Midlothian with his wife, Melissa, their 2 sets of twins (Hays and Leo, Stella and Celeste) and their English bulldogs, Butch and Sundance. Their family enjoys college sports, BBQs, and time by the water. Scott is also an organ donor, having donated a kidney to his wife in 2011.
Meet Scott Bucci
- J.D., George Mason University with high honors 1998
- B.A., University of Virginia 1995
In this hotly contested truck accident case, we
Wrongful Death Plaintiff’s decedent, a 22-year-old college student,
Truck Accidents The plaintiff, a 32-year-old man, suffered
Medical Malpractice Verdicts in a medical malpractice case,
Medical Malpractice Several hours after undergoing a laparoscopic
Personal Injury Plaintiff suffered a spinal cord concussion
Medical Malpractice Settlement occurred pre-litigation at mediation with
Sexual Assault Was sexually assaulted while working. The
- Virginia (1998)
- Virginia Supreme Court (and all state courts)
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana & Buckner, Partner (operated with Breit, Drescher & Imprevento as Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci2019 -2021)
- Bucci & Dix, PLLC, Partner and Executive Director (2007 – 2015)
- Morris & Morris, P.C., Partner (1999 – 2007)
- Virginia Beach Circuit Court, Law Clerk, (1998 – 1999)
- Thompson & Waldron, P.C., Law Clerk, (1997 – 1998)
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Best Lawyers in America® – Personal Injury Litigation Plaintiffs, every year since 2015
- Virginia Super Lawyers®, every year since 2009
- Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers®: (2016-2017, 2022-2023)
- Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers®: (2016-2017, 2022)
- Lewis Powell Inn of Court
- “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business magazine in the category of Civil Litigation
- Virginia Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- President 2019
- National Board Representative 2020
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, member
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Best Lawyers in America®
Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers®
Virginia Super Lawyers®
Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers®
What You Need To Know About Premises Liability
Attention patients of Henrico chiropractor, Dr. Aaron Winston.
The Virginia Board of Medicine suspended Dr. Winston’s license on March 30, 2023, after receiving sexually-charged allegations from multiple patients. If you’ve been harmed by
May Is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
It’s no coincidence that you start to notice more motorcycles on the roads around this time of year. The weather is finally warming up and
Virginia Lawyers Weekly Million Dollar Settlements of 2022
We would like to congratulate all the hardworking attorneys who were listed in Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s Million-Dollar Settlements of 2022. Out of the 48 settlements,
Publications & Presentations
- VTLA 2019 Tort Law Seminar, Removal to Federal Court, May 15, 2019
- Journal of International Legal Studies, Editorial Board, “The Terrorism Exception to the FSIA.” Spring 1997
- Board Member, Brain Injury Association of Virginia since 2016
Reach out directly to our attorneys at The Virginia Trial Firm Today.